Happy February to all of you....

Join hands for a love-filled february and all months that follow !!

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Dats how I count my blessings

Simple Pleasures is what I always counted upon. WHere did this come into me?? Was it my parents, my upbringing, my own individual nature, my experiences or a cocktail of all...or a book that left a great impact on my mind. Mr. Pramod Batra, the author of the book...I thankyou for having got your experiences and thoughts published and I feel so lucky to have found this book. Keeping that aside...seated on the car front seat a few days ago..hubby dear driving and soft music playing, my eyes fell on a girl at the back seat of a scooter that stood bys us on a Red light. Must be a late teen...very dark complexion...not so healthy hair..cut to shoulder length tucked to a side in a clip...slim...wearing westerns...The first thought that came to my mind - Thank God I am what I am!! Not bcos I'm not dark..not bcos I have better hair...not bcos I was in a car and not a scooter...I didn't feel pity or any keep away feelings for the girl..what I felt was Thanksgiving to the Lord. That girl, I could feel, had no concern as to how she was looking...if someone was watching her..she just seemed to feel good about herself..may be she was wearing her best outfit..and had dressed herself the best. In flash of seconds...I had a smile on my face wondering how God makes all of us happy in our self. And that just began a conversation between me and hubby, each of us responding and continuing the dialogues..... People in different sections of the society have their own standards of living...I feel at least I have a car...a house of my own...another must be thanking the Lord for having a scooter to travel..another one for at least having their own jhuggi and not needing to sleep on the footpaths..Some might not be happy wearing the same diamond and gold sets in rotation on all family functions..its less for them...some must be grateful and happy for having been able to gift their daughter with gold bangles for her wedding day!!

Dat made me count another blessing - Thankyou God for giving me birth in this family...being married to this family...I have my own house..a car to keep me safe from all weather changes in travel...an affordability to have studied well as to support myself...an oppurtunity to use my strengths....a family to support me in all odds.... I can have medicines for myself and my family without having to look at their price...not counting the fortnight or monthly outings...I'm so happy  - HAPPY, that I don't feel low about not being able to dine at the TAJ...happy about not feeling bad for not spending Rs.3000 on a sandal  from Woodland. I need something and I make a move to the nearby markets, not missing to get , at least something for my baby...my hubby...my in laws..my bro...be it just a kilo dhokla and a truck with sound, just for Rs.30 from a roadside fellow...I know thats what would make my Sam so excited and not a branded jacket for 3000...she has no concerns with that...rofl!!

A not deliberate comparison with someone, makes me feel...I am a good home maker too...that makes me count - Thanks God for having made me my mum's daughter, who taught me all about handling and managing....right, wrong.

Encouraging Sam for things I still cannot do and expecting to learn with her, makes me count and thank Lord for my father being my father...in whom I saw...nothing is impossible...you can fight all odds of life...not forgetting to mention my wonderful hubby here :-) Both of you are my heroes ;-)

Not having been close as friends to my parents too had its positives...it teaches me how to try to be one to Sam...and now I cherish sharing everything with my parents. Being a mum myself can never be enough..I still seek their advice and thank my hubby and in laws for giving me that space :-)
Being stubborn for things I KNOW are right...and feeling the bliss of success later...and having Sam discuss her school details with me..makes me thank Lord for my li'll big Sis, who had always been my voice till I had one..lol..ye andar ki baat hai :-) and for having been my best friend always.  

Sam and my big baby, my bro...love you babies....they made me thank the Lord for having made me feel the woman within me..the concerned mom, the instructing woman :-), the lady you take as a friend of yours..

My married life, with all its ups and downs and me leaning upon my hubby ALWAYS....I would ask for rebirths again and again if the Lord above promises me with the same life partner in each lifetime !! Amen!As my bro says - Love is the will to be together, the power to fyt ol odds of the world to hold each other's hand.. To be a morceau of each other's heart!

Thankyou Lord for such loving in laws...Thankyou Lord for all your blessings...I can never stop counting them...from a morning smile at my baby's face to a good night sleep in my hubby's protective arms!!

3 comments:

  1. There is always a lot to feel and realize.God should always shower what all HE has in Store with HIM.
    SMMalhotra

    ReplyDelete
  2. life is sooo much better when we count our blessings!

    ReplyDelete