Happy February to all of you....

Join hands for a love-filled february and all months that follow !!

Monday 26 September 2011

ThankYou God for the World so sweet !!

Few such lines which I somehow keep humming , almost,always...are much more just the prayers from my childhood. They touch my soul and bring with them bright scenes of learning. Sam was so tired after her skating yesterday that she just wanted to get home....no marketing !! Sleep time and the bed and room was damn messy....SAMMIE..... time to sleep, pack up all your stuff..look at the room and the bed..why don't you take out one thing at a time to play..there's no space to step inside....and her beautiful eyes were following my words with a question - SO WHAT MUMMA!! I FELT LIKE PLAYING!!

Okay, I'll clean up the bed and you do the rest... Okay mumma....and there she goes sitting on the floor as I arrange the rest of the room. 5minutes...10minutes...All set except the floor and she speaks up - Mumma you just said na that the messy bed was IRRITATING you...now plz dont look at the floor until I say its done!! Okay ..make it fast....5minutes...10...15...20...My episode AXE ur EX was over..Cum'on sweety time to brush your teeth...Ohh Lord!! Wats this?? Half an hour and she was still busy playin and now she says - I'm too tired cos of skating..plz help me clean up mumma....

All done and we in bed chanting our daily prayers ..... I kept on instructing her to close her eyes n sleep..my hands go to her li'll feet massaging them as we lie together. There come a sweet voice and li'll fingers on my eyes - Mumma...thoda upar tak daba do na, achha lag raha hai :-) I just couldn't resist telling her - You know Sam when mumma, chhoti mumma (masi) and mamu were kids na....nanu used to press our feet daily like this for few minutes before sleep and in winters Mumma used to feel tooo cold, so he cuddled me in his lap and used to sit in my place and put me in bed when it was warm!! Sam - Mumma just like Papa does it for me...:-) Yes Babu. And nani used to give us milk, first thing in evening as soon as she reached home from office... Sam - just like you do when I wake up?? Shining eyes opened wide - Mumma when you were not a mumma but had chosen to have me, Did the blue fairy come to you to tell you to do all this?? mmmm.... Then howcome, all parents do such things, my friend also told me her parents do the same to make her sleep...DO you all discuss this on phone and do this to us kids??Me - Baby ask dadu dadi and nanu nani about this :-)

She gave a sweet smile and went off to sleep, again, leaving me wondering ..... TIME IS SO STRONG!! It makes us learn all thats needed. Some things come in only with time, age and experience....no words can teach all this. I don't remember mumma papa having sat with us to make us learn any prayers or bhajans and Sam too is learning just as easily :-) How I realise ITS NEVER LATE TO LEARN. I'm just as old as a mother as she is as a daughter, we both are just 5. I learn a lot from her about having been a daughter and about how to raise one !!

HAPPY DAUGHTER'S DAY DARLING !!

4 comments:

  1. bhavna's firstest comment on any of my posts...jabki my posts shud have been flowing with your comments :-)luv ya Sam's chhotti mumma!!

    ReplyDelete